Saturday, September 01, 2012

"Hello! I belong to everybody"

This is one of the most expressive messages I've seen on the hypocrisy of the so-called freedom-loving Americans, caught on camera, advocating... no demanding freedom of choice, except when it comes to women. See it yourself. It's brilliant.

The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
RNC 2012 - The Road to Jeb Bush 2016 - The Republican Platform
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

I know I am not voting in the US elections and these issues shouldn't really concern me, but I do find the parallels with our society striking. As Nadine Moawad put it, this is not a cultural problem, "it's patriarchy everywhere." So when Samantha Bee says that her uterus belongs to "everybody", her sarcasm is more accurate than funny.

No comments: